RIGHT YOUR WRONGS TODAY ON STEAM!
INSPIRED BY A CLASSIC POEM AND CLASSIC GAMEPLAY, FLEDERMAUS DELIVERS A CLASSIC EXPERIENCE
Inspired by T.S. Eliot’s work of the same name, The Waste Land puts players in the role of a fallen king who must find his way to right the wrongs caused by his own failings. Explore a vast world and meet memorable characters while you fight to survive a hostile land – all in gorgeous 8-bit style.
“The overall poem is imbued with a feeling of despair, whose roots are in the lost innocence of this modern age. The real central theme is the disconnection from “nature” all that’s “natural” and of “classic beauty”. I chose to take the overall thing quite literally, going back to the moods of British mythology, and recreating that same feeling of being lost in an age where no one’s safe. The only light in all of this is the player’s character, that starts from a selfish, egoist king, and becomes a better man on the way.” -Michele Caletti
In The Waste Land you are the King of all the land, who’s actions on a an ordinary hunting trip cause a rip in the balance of nature. Creatures mutate sending your once loyal subjects into a state of fear and it is up to you to set things right. Seek out more powerful weapons and secret items to give you an edge while exploring the vast lands in your quest to take down five giant beasts to reset the balance of nature you upset.
- “Metroidvania” style open world with over 15 hours worth of gameplay
- Find and collect hidden Upgrades, Secrets and Bonuses that boost stats and abilities
- Slay 5 giant twisted Bosses that include a mutated slug, colossal hornet and demented whale
- Encounter colorful characters in each town you discover
- Explore vast maps across 7 continents, each with their own challenges to overcome
- Steam Support is to include Cloud Save, Achievements and Trading Cards
Note: game contains content that my be deemed inappropriate to children such as blood, gore and sexual references.
Read the classic Poem that inspired the game.