To descend down these steps is to descend into madness… Stairs is a first-person atmospheric psychological horror game that takes players through the stories of three missing people as seen through the eyes of journalist Christopher Adams.
The stories you will experience are inspired by real-life horrific events, twisted into an original intertwined tale of terror, despair and sadness. Using a camera and journal, players set out to unravel the grizzly mysteries behind three stories – Valerie Berkley, a high school graduate; James Reed, a young businessman; and Jean Jowars Remens, a charismatic pastor. What happened to them? What do they have to do with each other? Creep down the stairs and discover the truth for yourself… if you dare.
- A tale of psychological horror that spans across 3 diverse main story arcs with thematic connections
- Based on a series of horrific real-life events, recreated with a twist of fiction
- Use your camera to capture supernatural elements that progress the story and open new areas
- Dynamic, immersive sound design sends chills down your spine while building palpable tension
- Real-time story elements unravel the game’s narrative without interrupting gameplay
- Explore interactive environments and solve cleverly crafted puzzles to find what you need to advance through the story
Winner of Game Concept Challenge 2014
Winner of Estrella Guldchipset’s popularity contest 2014
Nominee for ‘Best Scenario’ by the Swedish Game Awards 2013