AVAILABLE NOW ON STEAM!
Depths of Fear Soundtrack Available Now on Bandcamp
Your sight slowly comes back as the sharp stench of blood and bile brings you back to your senses. Fear got the better of the endless youths tossed in this cell before, but not you. You stand with your honor as the guards remove you from the tight confines and thrust you you before the judge, jury and King above Knossos, Minos. In an instant, you are flung into the depths, and the few peaceful moments of weightlessness before splashing into the water below are the last you will have. You are Theseus, son of Poseidon, here to kill the rampaging horror that is the Minotaur. You will either succeed in the slaughter or learn the true meaning of fear trying.
Depths of Fear :: Knossos, like Athena from Zeus, sprang forth from the mind of the musically trained animator/programmer Philip Wiley. From his passion he has crafted a fun-focused first person adventure game with stealth, action and edge-of-your-seat elements within rogue-like procedurally generated levels.
In Depths of Fear :: Knossos your ultimate goal is to slay the mighty Minotaur. Loot procedurally generated labyrinths that are never the same twice to acquire the gold and knowledge necessary to build an arsenal and gain favor with the gods who will grant you temporary powers. Overcome insurmountable odds as you bolt in and out of the shadows fending off both lowly and legendary creatures such as the Hydra, Cerberus, Medusa and Centaur. To succeed in your quest you must collect the special medallions from each immortal beasts’ lair that combine to unlock a master sword that is the Minotaur’s only weakness. You will run. You will hide. You will fight. You will die.
ABOUT THE GAME:
- An ever changing Labyrinth: The hand of Daedalus’ is evident as each stage in Depths of Fear is crafted to never be the same twice creating a constant state of tension of the unknown.
- Face the Beasts of Ancient Greece: Survive encounters against 8 immortal legendary creatures: Saytr, Cerberus, Centaur, Manticore, Griffin, Medusa, Hydra and the horror of the Minotaur.
- Diverse Gameplay: To survive one must learn when to sneak through the shadows, when to run and when to engage in combat as they attempt to survive each rung down into in the darkness.
- Knowledge is Power: Appease the gods by finding their books and earning their favor for special powers such as lightening from Zeus, Speed from Hermes, Earth shaking might from Poseidon or the illuminating light of Apollo.
- Build an Arsenal: Loot the labyrinths for gold to purchase 8 trusty weapons that range from Blades and Clubs to the Trident and Crossbow. Use these weapons to secure the 8 creature medallions that unlock the only weapon known that can slay the legendary beast Minotaur.
- Challenge the Unknown: When the adventure ends, the game has just begun. Beneath the skull a never-ending challenge awaits in the entrance of the unknown that provides countless replay value. How far down can you make it?
- Unique & Adaptive soundtrack: Featuring a tension-based music system, the soundtrack (recorded with mind-altering 70’s era synthesizers) adapts to your situation.
- Steam Feature Support: Achievements and Steam Trading Cards. Controller Support coming soon