The world is not about to end
There is no ancient prophecy
No giant mythical beast is about to be unleashed
But, war is coming, and your moral duty is to your family and your people
Right or wrong is for you to decide…
Celestian Tales: Old North, the first of a planned trilogy, is a turn-based role-playing game with lush hand-painted environments, emotive character portraits, memorable characters and a sprawling engaging storyline that is told the eyes of six playable characters. Created in the traditional JRPG style, Celestian Tales: Old North allows players to become part of a diverse group of young warriors in training who must learn who they are and where they stand as they develop the skills they will need to survive the impending war from an old distant enemy.
Embark on an expansive journey of discovery wrought with conflict and moral choices where players take on the role of one of the six playable characters and follow their personal point of view of the events as they unfold. At times character stories will overlap with other characters’ or converge with the main story arc, in which they experience events together.
One’s truth may not be another’s. Good deeds done by someone may be perceived by another as evil. Often we see only what we want to see and believe only in what we want to believe. Whose steps will you follow as you journey in the Old North? Through whose eyes will you experience the events that unfold?
- Aria, a noble prepared to sacrifice those of lower birth for the greater good.
- Lucienne, a loyal soldier bred for the fields of battle.
- Reynard, a prodigy in strength pushing through any obstacles by force.
- Cammile, a knowledge-hungry explorer shackled by the chains of duty.
- Isaac, a peasant crawling out from a life of poverty.
- Ylianne, an outsider questioning the natural evils of humanity.
- Moral Confrontations – Situations are presented to the player throughout the game that tug at moral standings and beliefs.
- Unique Story – Ditches tired rehashed RPG clichés for a story where players feel the weight of their character’s actions.
- Multiple Story Arcs – 6 Selectable Characters allow you to play the game from 6 different perspectives. Play through the game as all 6 characters to get the entire experience.
- Traditional RPG Gameplay – Inspired by classic JRPGs with a turn-based RPG battle system that allows players to develop a personal combat style.
- Beautiful Art – Lush hand-painted background visuals and environments with detailed emotive hand drawn character portraits and animated pixel-art characters running around the game.
- Epic Music – A sweeping score that truly captures the pace and emotion of the story as it unfolds
- More to come – Old North is just the 1st part of a planned trilogy of games and your actions in this game transfer over to the next in the series.